This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

First tank

Discussion in 'Member Tank Builds' started by steinerc, Dec 8, 2013.

1. kreeger1

kreeger1
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

I'd give you 50 for a 4-5 eye frag, that's about what Jason would sell it to me for. If your interested shoot me a pm
    Erik

2. Travenous

Travenous
    Expand Collapse
    Reef Scarecrow

While your prices may be better than Jason Fox himself, smaller frags sell better. There aren't a lot of people locally that have $600 to drop on a piece of coral. You could probably sell the larger pieces if you listed them on a larger site like Reef 2 Reef and were willing to ship.

3. steinerc

steinerc
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

Well...maybe there are just more eyes then? the frags aren't that big actually, only 3/4"-1.5 tops. I think if I actually measured them.

Since I've never shipped...this probably isn't the best coral to try that first hand.

While I don't really expect $600...(just going by what an "eye" cost would be) I am hoping for $80-100 that way I at least can make back what I paid for it.

I know this particular variety is not just a common $10 coral...Maybe there will be a good trade for the swap coming up.

Had hoped to sell at least two to trade up for a JF beach bum! lol

It's not a big deal for it to stay in my tank...just wish I hadn't cut it! It was stunning on the rock it was growing on. now it just has to grow back...which it is in just over a week!

4. Travenous

Travenous
    Expand Collapse
    Reef Scarecrow

I understand your hesitation when it comes to shipping, I wouldn't want to deal with it myself. I also get that this is not just a standard war coral. If you were realistically planning on getting much less than you listed the frags for, just throw up some new prices. Lower prices are less intimidating and will definitely generate more interest! I'm glad to hear that it's already growing back!

5. steinerc

steinerc
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

New pics today...dealing with some green hair algae not sure why phosphates and nitrates are good. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. steinerc

steinerc
    Expand Collapse
    Web Guest

This guy/gal is so fun to watch![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk